Friday, May 05, 2006
Rylan commented that we could have shaved about 30 minutes from our time of arrival at the trail head. What he did not comment about was the reason we lost that 30 minutes. We were looking for a particular county road that would bring us to the main highway and then to the trail head. We eventually ended up behind two logging trucks. Therefore, you can understand that our speed drastically decreased. Eventually these trucks turned left and we continued straight until the road ended into a highway. Rylan saw the logging trucks moving toward us from the left. He proclaimed that we needed to get in front of the trucks. I quickly pressed the gas and obtained the lead. Unfortunately, we were going the wrong way. We ended up in Georgia. We had to stop to get directions and turn around. I must confess Rylan cannot carry all the blame for this funny blunder. I wanted to be front of those trucks as badly as Rylan. We enjoyed laughing about our victory in gaining the lead and moving in the wrong direction. I think there is a sermon in that experience. 
On Saturday morning the trail crossed a logging road. (Pinhoti actually intersects a large number of logging roads. ) We noticed the road recently had a lot of activity because the dirt looked like it had been moved around. Rylan noticed a structure 40+ feet off the trail . We discovered a recently built shelter. The shelter journal stated it was built in March of 2006. We made the first hiker entry into the journal. Unfortunately, we could not stay longer than a break because it was only 10:00 am. The picture to the right is of the new shelter.
The only challenges we expereinced on the trail were the ticks and what looked like posion ivy. We actually would walk
through small groves of stuff. I am very allergic to poision ivy. However, I did not have any reactions. Therefore, I am wondering whether this plant only looks like posion ivy. I could have just cleaned the exposed skin so well that none of the oils had the opportunity to cause a reaction. Maybe someone knows of this posion ivy look-a-like and would be willing to pass on some information about it.
The picture above shows a rock formation on the trial. Golden is on the left, Bill is to the right, and Rylan is in the rear, where he often resides.

On Saturday morning the trail crossed a logging road. (Pinhoti actually intersects a large number of logging roads. ) We noticed the road recently had a lot of activity because the dirt looked like it had been moved around. Rylan noticed a structure 40+ feet off the trail . We discovered a recently built shelter. The shelter journal stated it was built in March of 2006. We made the first hiker entry into the journal. Unfortunately, we could not stay longer than a break because it was only 10:00 am. The picture to the right is of the new shelter.
The only challenges we expereinced on the trail were the ticks and what looked like posion ivy. We actually would walk
through small groves of stuff. I am very allergic to poision ivy. However, I did not have any reactions. Therefore, I am wondering whether this plant only looks like posion ivy. I could have just cleaned the exposed skin so well that none of the oils had the opportunity to cause a reaction. Maybe someone knows of this posion ivy look-a-like and would be willing to pass on some information about it.The picture above shows a rock formation on the trial. Golden is on the left, Bill is to the right, and Rylan is in the rear, where he often resides.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]